Students will receive instructor led academic training as well as perform practical activities with the iX1 Acquisition System for G3i HD operations. Topics covered during the course include working with IX1 programs (Hardware, Acquisition, Map, OB Notes, Media, Video Plot). In-depth instruction will include setting up a Project, building various Sub-project types, preparing for Data Acquisition, and Shooting (dynamite and vibroseis). Hands-on exercises will be conducted using latest iX1 Demo software in conjunction with live operation of the SPM/TDM/PSM and associated ground electronics.
Successful completion is determined through a written test and demonstrated skills throughout the course.
The course has been prepared with the assumption that participants have prior seismic acquisition experience. The iX1
Acquisition System is a Microsoft Windows based system; therefore, basic Windows experience is required.
1. Introduction to the G3i HD System Equipment
2. Field Deployment
3. G3i HD Network Topology and Transmission
1.Introduction to iX1 Software
2. Build a Simple 2D project
3. Build various 2D projects with different parameters and editing options
1. Create a Simple 3D Project
2. Build various 3D projects with different parameters and editing options
3. Import of Receiver, Source Coordinates and Patches to 2D and 3D projects
4. Drill Log Importing
5. Import of TIF, GEOTIFF and Culture Files
1. iX1 Acquisition SW Tools and Functions
2. Sensor and Channel Test Procedures
3. iX1 Ob Notes Features
1. iX1 Map Features
2. iX1 Media Features and Output Formats
1. iX1 Video Plot Features and QC Tools
2. Vibroseis Shooting Methods
1. Source-Driven Operation and COG Calculation
2. Hands-On using G3i HD Ground Equipment
1. Hands-On using G3i HD Central System and INOVA Source Controllers
2. Course Summary and Q&A
3. Final Exam
Send us a quick message. How can we help?