VectorSeis Multicomponent Sensors for Complex Imaging
VectorSeis is the industry-leading multicomponent, digital sensor for capturing the full seismic wavefield. Full-wave is particularly important for imaging complex subsurface structures such as, , and other unconventional plays. Utilizing three independent orthogonally mounted MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical-system) accelerometers, VectorSeis captures 3C seismic data while delivering the productivity advantages of single-point receiver deployment and retrieval.
The new VectorSeis ML21/MT21 Digital Sensor has been enhanced with a reinforced mechanical housing, and a 60% stronger case to withstand operational and environmental wear and tear. The sealing structure has been field tested and modified to improve pressure distribution. A 17% improvement on power consumption is another achievement on the new design. VectorSeis ML21/MT21:
- Offers shear wave recording which assists in providing measurement for rock properties, lithology and fluid identification, fracture detection and orientation, and structural imaging through gas clouds
- Enables better characterization and handling of near surface velocity variations that can be caused by marsh, permafrost, frozen ground conditions, desert hard pans, and wadis
- Improves characterization of directionally dependent geologic variation (such as fractures) with single-point design and azimuthally insensitive deployment
- Improves field operations and HSE performance by replacing geophone arrays with lighter single-point tilt insensitive receivers
- Offers receivers that are fully compatible with INOVA’s ARIES II, Scorpion, FireFly and Hawk land seismic acquisition systems
- Provides flat phase and amplitude response improving well ties
- MT21 design supports marsh applications
Geophones by Sensor
INOVA acquisition systems continue to supportsingle and multicomponent geophones. Sensor geophones are the industry standard for high quality, precision sensors to capture 2D, 3D, and 4D seismic data in a variety of environments and terrains. As a channel partner, INOVA offers an inventory of Sensor products in our pool.
To learn more about www.iongeo.com.and their products, please visit their website at