New Features and Enhancements
By leveraging years of technological innovations and extensive field experience, INOVA introduces G3i, the toughest, most reliable cable-based recording system available today. This system helps E&P companies and seismic contractors overcome their operational challenges whether they are conducting the simplest or the most demanding acquisition programs across the globe. G3i dramatically improves field productivity and optimizes crew efficiency to the highest levels.
Using fiber optic baselines, the system capacity targets over 100,000 channels in real-time for complex,large channel count surveys, while power-down-the-line functionality eliminates field station battery dependency, and offers a significant reduction in the amount of equipment required during deployment. G3i supports geophones with custom-designed analog ground electronics and VectorSeis digital sensors utilizing the new G3i Digital system. In addition, the G3i system continues to deliver the operational flexibility to efficiently manage:
- Source-driven high productivity vibroseis (HPVS) operations with continuous recording capabilities and integration of INOVA source controllers
- Efficient 2D, high-density 3D, or time-lapse 4D seismic programs
- Dynamite, vibroseis, air gun, cable and hybrid mode operations
- Obstacle-ridden terrains with G3i NetLink™ by providing a wireless communication path to span two sections of the spread when direct connectivity is impossible
- Wireline shooting in areas with poor radio connectivity such as mountainous terrain or thick jungles and rainforests by utilizing the Shot Pro II Remote Encoder™
Built on INOVA’s field-proven recording system architecture, G3i features an all-inclusive, repairable system that is designed with self-contained ground electronics and intuitive diagnostic capabilities to easily trace hardware problems back to each channel—resulting in minimal system downtime for maintenance and the lowest cost of ownership for any high capacity, cable-based recording system in the industry.
- All Terrain – Ruggedized ground electronics manufactured from high-strength polycarbonates, aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel, supports operations in extreme environments including deserts, shallow marshes, frozen tundra, jungle canopy, and mountainous regions.
- All Powerful – High channel capacity ensures successful acquisition for the largest and most demanding surveys utilizing high speed multi-core processing technology, low power consumption attributes, and integrated power-down-the-line capability.
- All You Asked For – The flexible architecture of G3i provides a single system platform with standardized field equipment and multiple central recording system options to meet the unique challenges of every survey while maintaining optimal operational efficiency.