New Features and EnhancementsFireFly has acquired more than 400 million production traces while deployed in Argentina, China, , and various parts of the United States. Whether operating in hot and humid swamps, the frigid conditions of high plains deserts, thick forests, or steep mountains, FireFly has proven to be the cableless tool of choice to get the job done. We are committed to an extensive program of continuous improvement to further develop the technology and offer a redesigned FireFly cableless system that streamlines field operations. The new FireFly DR31 offers:
- Aluminum enclosure – provides ruggedness and added protection of ground electronics for extended product life
- External power packs – Purpose-built lithium ion battery packs with optional 192 WHr or 288 WHr capacity.
- Operational flexibility – supports up to 3-channel analog geophone and VectorSeis multicomponent digital sensors within the same field station electronics
- Power reduction – a significant reduction in field station power consumption that extends runtime, allowing operators to manage power more efficiently
- Geophysical trace attributes – provides visibility into the quality of seismic data recorded during production, providing the observer with key geophysical attributes for improved quality control of large spreads
- Improved data analysis and QC – new reports and spatial displays in the transcriber provide the ability to “replay” QC parameters. Integration of the ARIES AVP data quality control application allows more in-depth data analysis on-site
FireFlyFireFly is that allows operators to acquire high-density seismic data in areas where cable-based systems would be inefficient or impractical. Ideal for rough terrain and , FireFly efficiently mitigates risks associated with hauling and laying heavy cable and electronics and provides greater flexibility to meet high-density, 3D survey parameters.
With a lightweight, portable design and the ability to record multicomponent or geophone array data, FireFly provides the ultimate operational flexibility to image the target without equipment-based limitations. The operational management system allows for integrated stakeless surveying and the display of GIS spatial data. Connex provides HSE reporting, and comes with rugged handheld navigation devices that ensure data integrity and simplified layout, highly efficient source production, and retrieval of ground electronics.
- A full suite of integrated, visual QC applications that provide a user-friendly interface to ground equipment status, source domain parameters, power management, and geophysical trace attributes including first break, signal-to-noise ratio, and trace decay
- Reduced HSE exposure with lightweight ground electronics that minimize environmental and personnel impact via integrated hazard and vehicle management tools enabled by Connex
- Support for mixed source acquisition, dynamite, vibroseis and airgun through the integrated source control technology of &
- Patented dynamite source control technology that maximizes field station battery power efficiency during production
- Field productivity uplift via real-time integrated stakeless surveying that reduces acquisition cycle time and eliminates geometry errors
- Common software and support equipment - Hawk and FireFly cableless platform share several components including external batteries, data download and charge racks, channel configuration setup, source interface, deployment tool, and transcriber hardware and software